Monday, May 6, 2013

One Year


Today, I'm going to take a break from the Portland posts to do a little reflecting...

A year ago last week we set out on the six month US road trip that we continue to post about today. I guess I'm a little sentimental about the whole thing and I didn't want the anniversary to pass without acknowledging it. Also, a year? Slow down, time!

It seems almost funny to look back on how we felt a year ago - excited, yes, but also a little fearful to let our apartment and jobs go. But we took the risk, and in return we had a blessed year full of adventures and amazing memories. It's been a good year, friends.

We thank you guys so much for continuing to follow the blog as we post about the memories we have made!

-Amanda

4 comments:

  1. i found your blog because my boyfriend and i are about to embark on a cross-country trip of our own (only for three months, but still epic by our standards!), and it has been amazing to see all of the places you've been and all of the places we will be going. here's to a lifetime of travel and adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for you guys and your upcoming trip! Can I come along?! haha!

      Delete
  2. So I need to read back on more of your post from the beginning...when you let everything go...like jobs! We are planning a nine-month USA road trip and I can't seem to figure out how to quit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Letting the jobs go was tough - especially since we both loved our jobs! But for us we knew that when we finished our trip we would be relocating to an hour outside of Boston, so that definitely helped us feel more comforatable with that choice. And I'll say that we were lucky to come home and pick up right where we left off - Taras has a new, awesome job and, funny enough, I'm back with my old company!

      Delete

We love reading your comments!

Pin It button on image hover