Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Guest Post | Amanda Marshall

Today we have Amanda from Marshalls Abroad sharing one of her favorite spots in America. Besides Amanda having the greatest name ever (wink) she is also leading a pretty envious life in Japan, where her husband is stationed - they get in their fair share of traveling, for sure. You will not regret visiting her blog, and I dare to you not get completely enamored by all her gorgeous photos!

--------------

I love and miss America and am just so proud as an expat to call it my home. 
There's about a million places I want to tell you to go, Amanda, but my heart is the most attached to one: gorgeous Santa Barbara. My hometown!
It's a mix of Mediterranean and Spanish influence from everything to the architecture to the food. It's seriously so beautiful it hurts.
Things you must do when you go: spend the day on the beach, walk up and down State Street & shop!, go to a farmer's market, eat real Mexican food {it's everywhere!}, go for a hike in the foothills, grab coffee and walk the beach at sunset or sunrise, visit the Mission, and eat as much as you possibly can because the food is just phenomenal. Some of my favorites are Fresco, Palazzio, Carlitos & Santa Barbara Chicken Ranch.  And most of all - you MUST go to Santa Barbara Wine Country!
After traveling the world, I truly still think it is one of the most beautiful places that exists. 
I hope you love it!!


Thanks for having me, Manda.  I hope you have thee best time traveling our country with your hubby. 
{And a big thank you to one of my best friends the lovely and talented Maddie Jacks for letting me use her photos!}

------------

Thanks so much for sharing Santa Barbara, Amanda!  We cannot wait to see it for ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading your comments!

Pin It button on image hover