Monday, January 2, 2012

Amsterdam, The Netherlands


We visited Amsterdam very briefly as the second stop on our express-paced Eurotrip.  We went with two friends, and the trip was four days, part of it was spent in Brussels and part in Amsterdam. Yep, you guessed it, we found some crazy cheap online flight deal and decided to go for it.  Even if we did have to drive to NYC, just to fly back to Boston for a multi-hour layover, before finally making it to Europe, it was still a good deal! I was absolutely floored by how much I loved Amsterdam.  All I had ever heard about the city is that weed is legal and, of course, the red light district.  I was skeptical at best about visiting.  But, wow, Amsterdam showed me!  It is beautiful - the canals! the bikes! the flowers!  I seriously could not get enough and loved walking around all the different neighborhoods. The city stole my heart and I can't wait to visit again, someday.

-Amanda


One of our favorite things about Amsterdam was visiting the Van Gogh Museum. This museum is easily one of the best I've ever visted.

Still unsure if this is, in fact, a public urinal.  There was a man peeing in it moments before this picture, but maybe that's not the intent?

We got a good giggle out of this notice posted in our apartment rental:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love reading your comments!

Pin It button on image hover